Salt water fishing charters, guides, and reports Saltwater fishing at Fintalk.com Saltwater Fishing at FinTalk.com
Tell your fishing buddies about FinTalk saltwater fishing Classified ads for marine gear Fishing forums Fishing message boards
Take an injured soldier from Walter Reed Hospital fishing on your next fishing trip Take A Soldier Fishing
Support Our Troops
Where ever you fish you can
make a soldiers day.
Email Us info@takeasoldierfishing.com
discount fishing tackle All In General
Rick Sandlin
All-In-General
540-223-0790
Sport Fishing Website Designs & Hign End Search Engine Optimization Charter Website Designs
Top SEO Plans
Rank on Google Page # 1
757-818-3379

Fishing Forums and Saltwater Fishing Reports

fishing forum pictures gallery - saltwater fishing picturesAlbum Fishing reports searchSearch Fishing forum members, message boards membersMemberlist Saltwater fishing forum registration - FREE Register
Welcome Captains & Anglers to the FinTalk Fishing Report Forums for Saltwater Fishing Reports, Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports, and Sportfishing Reports - Welcome to the fishing forum where you can checkout Fishing Reports about the latest reel screaming, line stripping, back breaking bent over the gunnels sport fishing action. Check out our Virginia fishing reports, North Carolina fishing reports, Maryland and Chesapeake Bay fishing reports too. Reports for all the saltwater states that would include TX LA MS MA MD VA NC SC GA FL NJ NY DE Cape May NH & CT fishing reports too plus so much more. Also reports for locales like Lynnhaven and Rudee Inlet in the Virginia Beach fishing region, Oregon Inlet in the Outer Banks of North Carolina and Hatteras Island and Inlet regions including Southport in the Wilmington region. Many of these regions we mention have charters and guides that visit FinTalk reports to add their fishing trip reports to the forum. Read the stories of adventurous anglers making long runs to a blue water fishing paradises where they do battle with the majestic blue marlin - the fish gladiator of the deep. Saltwater sport fishing reports that tell us the passions of fishing enthusiasts who live for the adrenaline pumping heart pounding fishing action. Sit back and enjoy a Chesapeake Bay fishing report about late night striper action under the dim lights of the bridge tunnel and the thrill of conquering a 35lb bass on nothing but a light action spinning rod. Enjoy posting your saltwater fishing reports, whether you are grouper fishing in Georgia, tackling tuna in Texas, redfish in Mississippi, Flounder in Florida, or tautog on some wreck off the coast of Delaware you are all welcome to submit fishing reports for all to read! So please enjoy the saltwater fishing reports section and the rest of the Fin Talk site and once you set the hook remember to "Hold His Head Up"!
Fishing Reports NEW
Live NOAA Buoy Data
NEW
Marine Forecasts
Pier fishing tackle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hunter1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject:  Pier fishing tackle Reply with quote

What would I need to get started in pier fishing. What rod and reel comboes . What other equipment would i need. What line Test is good .
I live in the Maryland, Delaware area. also good places to go.
RoryGoggin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I live in Virginia, so I won't try to answer your second question.

But as for tackle, it all depends on your targeted species. 6-7 ft rods and bottom rigs are pretty much standard fare for much of most piers. I suggest you go to the piers near where you live and "visit" - just watch who is catching what and what tackle they are using. You'll often find the "pros" or the "pier rats" down at the "T" - the end of the pier. Don't try to emulate them, at least at first. Crawl, walk - then run with it. Then you'll be back to crawling soon enough. Smile

-Rory
BulBob

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

BulletBobber and DualFin castable mini planers with direction control can give you a neat advantage if there is a little current running up or down the shore. They flip planing direction when given a little tug. This diagram shows them in a river but they work anywhere there is a slow to moderate current i.e. pier, point, pass or bridge. If you want to fish deep use the DualFin because they clip on and have a release to slide down when a fish hits. You need to thread the line through BulletBobbers but they cost less. Just casting one time and steering where I want without recasting is my favorite but using the current to provide side to side lure action without reeling is like flying stunt kite with just one string.

WWW.BULLETBOBBER.COM
RedBud

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I use a 7 foot rod with open face reel and 20 pound test line. I catch spanish mackerel and king mackerel using Gotcha lures or live bait. You can catch your own live bait using a sabiri rig.
stonjohn4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The water was mostly clean and blue with a few of the area in cooler water showing a touch of green, but nothing easy to notice. Add in the flat water with little wind and no swells to speak of and it was like being on a pool table. On the Pacific side it was 81 to 83 degrees all along the coast line from the beach out past the banks. The water was clean and blue with small swells and almost no wind most days. It did blow a bit on Saturday but not hard enough or long enough to get the swells up, just a bit of chop. UPDATE 11/11/12: The wind yesterday continued to blow the rest of the day and increased over the night. We went to the Pacific side this morning and only made it half way past the lighthouse to the Los Arcos area before turning back.
RACN35

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Listen to Rory ... he is the man... ask him how I know
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fintalk.com Forum Index -> Pier Fishing All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: