Salt water fishing charters, guides, and reports Saltwater fishing at Fintalk.com Saltwater Fishing at FinTalk.com
Tell your fishing buddies about FinTalk saltwater fishing Classified ads for marine gear Fishing forums Fishing message boards
Take an injured soldier from Walter Reed Hospital fishing on your next fishing trip Take A Soldier Fishing
Support Our Troops
Where ever you fish you can
make a soldiers day.
Email Us info@takeasoldierfishing.com
discount fishing tackle All In General
Rick Sandlin
All-In-General
540-223-0790
Sport Fishing Website Designs & Hign End Search Engine Optimization Charter Website Designs
Top SEO Plans
Rank on Google Page # 1
757-818-3379

Fishing Forums and Saltwater Fishing Reports

fishing forum pictures gallery - saltwater fishing picturesAlbum Fishing reports searchSearch Fishing forum members, message boards membersMemberlist Saltwater fishing forum registration - FREE Register
Welcome Captains & Anglers to the FinTalk Fishing Report Forums for Saltwater Fishing Reports, Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports, and Sportfishing Reports - Welcome to the fishing forum where you can checkout Fishing Reports about the latest reel screaming, line stripping, back breaking bent over the gunnels sport fishing action. Check out our Virginia fishing reports, North Carolina fishing reports, Maryland and Chesapeake Bay fishing reports too. Reports for all the saltwater states that would include TX LA MS MA MD VA NC SC GA FL NJ NY DE Cape May NH & CT fishing reports too plus so much more. Also reports for locales like Lynnhaven and Rudee Inlet in the Virginia Beach fishing region, Oregon Inlet in the Outer Banks of North Carolina and Hatteras Island and Inlet regions including Southport in the Wilmington region. Many of these regions we mention have charters and guides that visit FinTalk reports to add their fishing trip reports to the forum. Read the stories of adventurous anglers making long runs to a blue water fishing paradises where they do battle with the majestic blue marlin - the fish gladiator of the deep. Saltwater sport fishing reports that tell us the passions of fishing enthusiasts who live for the adrenaline pumping heart pounding fishing action. Sit back and enjoy a Chesapeake Bay fishing report about late night striper action under the dim lights of the bridge tunnel and the thrill of conquering a 35lb bass on nothing but a light action spinning rod. Enjoy posting your saltwater fishing reports, whether you are grouper fishing in Georgia, tackling tuna in Texas, redfish in Mississippi, Flounder in Florida, or tautog on some wreck off the coast of Delaware you are all welcome to submit fishing reports for all to read! So please enjoy the saltwater fishing reports section and the rest of the Fin Talk site and once you set the hook remember to "Hold His Head Up"!
Fishing Reports NEW
Live NOAA Buoy Data
NEW
Marine Forecasts
The shocking truth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fintalk.com Forum Index -> Tall Tales, Funny Stories, Or Fishing Jokes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robalo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: icon_funny The shocking truth. Reply with quote

It was 1979 and our boat was tied up at the pier at Halfmoon Bay Cali .
Sandytoes and I had just finished cleaning up the boat after a day of salmon trolling when we both looked up and began watching a pair of men in a heated discussion in German. When they stopped talking to each other they turned to look back down and were greeted by our upturned,
smiling faces. "Hello , can I help you gentlemen?" Sandytoes asked them.
One of the men asked in a thick German accent , "Those wires", he said,pointing at our hydraulic gurdies full of trolling wire , "you use them to electrify the fish? "You are very intelligent." Said Mr. Toes ,"How did you know that?" The respondant began to answer and before he could start I interrupted him. "Would you and your friend like to go with us tomorrow and see how we do that?" I said. They both got big smiles on their faces and said they would really like to see how we fished. "OK", I said , "You be here in the morning at 5a.m. and we will take you with us."

True to their word , the guys show up in plenty of time to go; Sandytoes had laid a plan the night before and this is how it went. The area we planned to fish took about 45 minutes to get there. When it came time to set the gear , I kept our guests occupied in the wheelhouse showing them the boat`s electronics from "Iron Mike" to the Furono radar and everything in between. When I saw Sandytoes standing at the centerline of the back deck, I turned the German men loose on the back deck. Before you could blink an eye, the deep line spring went off , signaling a fish hooked.Sandytoes steps over and grabs the wire just above the spool and begins to spasm as if a hundred amps. were coursing through his body. "Oh no!", I said , "He forgot to turn off the switch!!" "Help me get him off the wire!", I yelled loudly just as Sandytoes jerked back and fell in a sprawl on the back deck . Our guests reacted very quickly and bent over my mate checking for a pulse. I engaged the spool and began hauling in the wire . Hot dog! the fish was on the first leader only 48 feet down. My buddy earning an Oscar for his electrifying performance shook his head and began opening his eyes. "Fish ON!!" yelled the skipper. Wherefore mate Sandytoes jumped into action and grabbed the landing net , and in less than a minute we had a nice splitter in the boat.

They looked at us, and we looked at them. Then came the laughter. They knew they`d been had. We knew that they knew that we had set them up.
There was nothing left to do but laugh; We laughed so hard, we had to hold our sides it hurt so much.

When we got ourselves back together , we settled into one of the best days on the ocean I have ever experienced. The bite turned out to be very good and our new friends turned out to be very quick learners who
became very efficient with the landing net,baiting hooks,untangling leaders and singing German songs while we raped the Pacific Ocean`s supply of King Salmon.

At the end of our day back at the dock, the two men thanked us for bringing them with us. I was disappointed to hear that our new friends were leaving the next day for Germany; the world does not have enough
great men in it.

Electrocuting Salmon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.53 KB
 Viewed:  4259 Time(s)

Electrocuting Salmon.jpg

RACN35

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

thats awesome sir !! thanx for telling that story !!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fintalk.com Forum Index -> Tall Tales, Funny Stories, Or Fishing Jokes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: